*** Update START ***

Friends and family have been making regular appearances in my dreams. I think it's my brain getting what it wants.

I'm slowly working away on a big paper bag of peanuts that I bought from a lady. She scooped them up from a tarp on the floor inside a subway station. It occurred to me that the interaction didn't strike me the least bit unusual, which I guess means I'm getting used to things here. This makes it more tricky to pick out little quirks to write about -- they don't seem so quirky anymore.

Work has got me pretty busy these days. It's a bummer. It has consumed me just as it has at home; a strange feat of teleportation of sorts. I'm trying to balance things out.

I am still totally in love with curry udon, although I think maybe I'm burning myself out on it, I'm way over that Kanye album, sort of, and I'm really looking forward to reading "The Savage Detectives".

I don't blink at the term foreigner anymore. Last weekend was full-on foreigner meeting frenzy. I'm just about the only non-teacher among them.

I felt pretty clever when I oiled my creaky chair with olive oil.

Today, I ate my 참치 김밥 straight out of the tinfoil, with my hands, alone, in front of the TV, watching an episode of America's Next Top Model. How un-Korean. I guess it could have been poutine or something.

*** Update END ***

2 comments :

chamchi gimbap, never heard of it (i haven't been to Korea for 8 1/2 yrs)

If you recognize that watching "America's Next Top Model" is un-Korean, you're Korean enough. :)  


HAHAHA... I took those Korean symbols for something else.... I was like EWWW.. you ate your what out of tinfoil!

Simple things make me laugh.  


Older

       

Newer