The market had used clothes piled so densely it was difficult to browse through them. Vendors, mostly ajummas, idled by their goods, chit-chatting through the mothball fumes, peeling chestnuts, or otherwise passing time. No pressure peddling here. I found a stall stocked mostly with men's clothes, manned by an ajoshi. As usual, I pointed, shrugged, and used facial expressions to communicate. The old man eyeballed me briefly and in seconds pulled from a wall of clothes a jacket that fit me. He then repeated this trick with a pair of jeans. An extra-large pair of jeans was strung up as a divider and I changed amidst the piles. After haggling and completing the transaction, he handed me his business card. My denim guy has a calling card featuring Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

6 comments :

Rad video. Is this 남대문? What was the constant ripping sound throughout the vid?  


ajummas of that market are the style leaders of tomorrow.
the hot young men vendors aren't too shabby either  


i would say ajummas in general. i want to do an ajumma fashion expose.

i wish i could pull off that purple outfit.  


verdict is in:
fall 2010: crushed velvet boxy coat over layers of rhinestones

spring 2009: foxfur vest over tracksuit top
(@ 1:48min)

an expose would be awesome, imagine the beauty tips  


forget 2010 -- i'll take that crushed velvet now. maybe a bit boxier in the shoulders.

foxfur vest would eat me alive. she was pretty scary.  


i can handle her. i'll wear my raccoon head muffler and chandelier earrings and you can hide behind in a boxier velvet coat  


Older

       

Newer